1-to-1 Mobile Devices for Students
All students in Grades K-4 are issued iPads for use in the classroom and at home. Students in Grades 5 - 11 are issued Chromebooks, and Seniors will be issued a laptop at the beginning of the school year. If a student needs a device and has not received one, please contact your school's main office.
For technical support, please submit a Technology Support Request.
For questions about specific assignments in Schoology or SeeSaw, please contact your teacher.
Student Device Distribution
Your child has been issued a Highland CSD Mobile Device and power cord. Each device has been assigned to a specific student and is intended for their use only.
A Few Reminders:
- Please do not let others use your device.
- To keep your work, data, and information secure, do not share login information or passwords.
- While using this device at school or at home, students must adhere to the District Acceptable Use Policy and Internet Safety and Content Filtering Policy.
- Students should have no expectation of privacy while using a District-owned device or resource, whether at school or at home.
- Students are expected to bring the device to school fully charged and ready for use in class.
- Do not try to repair any damage on any device. Only the Technology Services Department may repair devices.
- If a repair by the Technology Services Department is needed, a loaner device will be issued to the student.
- Students are responsible for the care of their device. Do not alter, decorate, use magnets, or place stickers on district devices.
- Please store your device safely and securely while in school or on the bus.
- If a student intentionally damages a device, they may face disciplinary action in accordance with the District Code of Conduct.
Logging in to your Device:
- Make sure you are connected to WiFi before attempting to log in.
- Username is the student’s Highland email address (email@example.com).
- Initial passwords have been provided to students. You will be prompted to create a new password upon logging in.
- If you forgot your password, please see a librarian or technology teacher. You may also ask your classroom teacher to contact Technology Services to reset your password.
- If you know your password, but typed it incorrectly and get locked out, the account will unlock after 30 minutes.
Tech Support Request:
- For additional support from Technology Services, please submit a Tech Support Request. You can also access the Help Desk from ClassLink by clicking on the Tech Support Request (IIQ) icon.
Additional Information for Students
Logging In to a Laptop or Chromebook
This video will show a student how to login using a district laptop or Chromebook.
Keeping Chromebooks AWAKE
How to install the Keep Awake Extension to your Chromebook.
Chromebook Microphone and Camera Issues
If you experience issues with your camera and/or microphone, this article will help troubleshoot.