HCSD Needs You to Count!
Welcome to the 2020 Census
Click here for US Census Information
- It's quick and easy. The 2020 Census questionnaire will take about 10 minutes to complete.
- It's safe, secure, and confidential. Your information and privacy are protected.
- Your response helps to direct billions of dollars in federal funds to local communities for schools, roads, and other public services.
- Highland Central School District needs you to Count!!
- Results from the 2020 Census will be used to determine the number of seats each state has in Congress and your political representation at all levels of government.
Responses are Safe and Confidential
Your responses are safe, secure, and protected by law. Your answers can only be used to produce statistics—they cannot be used against you in any way. By law, all responses to U.S. Census Bureau surveys are kept completely confidential.
What Does the Census Ask?
The 2020 Census will ask questions about each individual living in a household, such as their sex, age, date of birth, race, and other basic information. The person filling out the form will have to answer a few additional questions, such as his or her telephone number and whether the home is owned or rented.
Children Count Too!
Less than 2 percent of Ellenville children under the age of 5 were counted in the 2010 Census. Remember, the census counts everyone where they live and sleep most of the time, even if the living arrangement is temporary or the parents of the child do not live there. Parents should also include babies on census forms, even newborns who are still in the hospital.
How to Respond
You will have the option of responding to the 2020 Census online, by mail, or by phone. It should only take about 10 minutes to complete the form. Households that don’t respond in one of these ways will be visited by a census taker to collect the information in person.